Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shaky....

I don't often post my songs here. This one I will.

Shaky

I got shaky hands and leaky eyes
Tired of shilling compromise
Of lying liars' lying lies
And the way we eat it up
The full debt due is dreck and doom
The end of days might be real soon
We’re slouching toward a ready ruin
And the fire door is nailed shut

Oh my hands
Oh my eyes
Here we stand
And useless I
Wish wishes win
One last, once more
Hold the course
Steady on
Toward that distant shore

We fenced the range where freedom rang
Where Woody, Jack and Utah sang
Shining cities felt the pang
Slid down the hill in doubt
Cloud slides over Harvest Moon
John Smith and Pocahontas too
Thanksgiving came and stayed and grew
'til the turkey all ran out (Chorus)

Farmer Brown and Plumber Joe
Run the race, they place and show
Bankers take it all, foreclose
Class warfare by a nose
The framers never could relate
We're reined in, tamed, been replaced
With ruthless change for change's sake
And then they count the vote (Chorus)

Cross my heart, hope to die
Boots off, loved one by my side
No shaky hands, no leaky eyes
Burn it down and start it over
Burn it down and start it over
Burn it down and start it over

© DDC ‘08

No comments: