Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CIA Recruitment on the Radio -- What????

Yep, folks. File this under more "Stuff I Just Don't Get".

And I don't know 'bout you, but I don't really feel any safer, now that I know this:

There are CIA Recruitment ads on radio (610 WTVN), complete with martial music and "be-the-best-you-can-be" kinda crap, website address, AND they tout that The Company is now an "Equal Opportunity Employer".

Wow.

Again, don't know 'bout you guys, but I grew up with the John Le Carre' "Smiley" novels, Graham Greene, Frederick Forsyth, Edward S. Aarons, the best: Adam Hall's "Quiller" and more, and I don't see my CIA operatives as average people.

I want my spy to be a 150+ IQ MIT grad, recruited by his/her professor with a whisper-in-the-ear out of an IVY League Masters program.

I want them to be ultra-smart persons of questionable ethics and morals who don't mind waterboarding the occasional terrorist/informant/captive for the "greater good", and who are always up for a little "wet-work" on the side.

The Republic is in serious trouble and the CIA is now an Equal Opportunity Employer.

We truly do not want to be an independent nation much longer.

No comments: