Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Mother....

My Brother and I would appreciate your prayers.

I just drove to Lancaster from Athens, about two hours ago.

My Mom is in the process of dying. She started seriously toward it early this week, and today her body started the shut-down process. Tonight hospice gave my Brother and I the morphine to ease her breathing. She's not big, so it just takes a very small amount every half-hour or so. We are in contact with the hospice nurse and she is in contact with the doctor on call for them.

God is with her, and I believe that she is very aware of what is happening. His Grace and Mercy are abundant and strong.

It's a process that we have prepared ourselves for, as we have known that barring Our Lord Jesus' Return, she would soon leave us.

Again, Prayers would be appreciated.

No comments: