Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Firing By Lackey. The Without Honor Management Style....

Somebody asked me the other day if I thought I was a "glass-half-full" or "glass-half-empty" guy. They didn't know me like you know me.

Off the top of my head I replied, "Every glass with anything in it at all eventually gets drunk, spilled, or thrown away. So what do you think?"

So the company I work for is getting rid of "dead wood".

And, it's not that they are doing it, it is the chickens**t way they are doing it.

When your company fires one of the original seven employees and the boss tells his lackey to do it by phone, it just brings to light the reality of how firing is usually done by the wrong person.

I think the person making the decision should do the firing. What do you think?

I've had to fire people before, and I've done it face to face, every time.

Most owners or final arbiters talk a good game of "fair", but don't play it....

No comments: