Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Afghanistan



Here we go, "nation-building" again. Not gonna work.

We have a very moral purpose in hunting down terrorists, killing them and publicizing the fact that we will continue to do so. Problem is, we don't have a handle on "righteous anger" anymore. We assign blame to ourselves based on what terrorists say their reasons for attacking us were. We psychoanalyze to the point of national Stockholm Syndrome. And the result is that not only does it give rise to the perception that we are weak, it self-fulfills, and we are weak. And we become an even easier target.


“Fearsome acts. A man steals from me, I cut off his hand. If he offends me, I cut out his tongue. If he stands up against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike and lift it up for all to see. A spectacle of fearsome acts. That's what maintains the order of things. Fear.” - Bill The Butcher

No comments: